Characteristics of a strong woman are traits that make her stand out in the crowd. Here are 24 characteristics of a strong woman you all must know.
- 1 What Makes a Strong Woman, Strong? – Characteristics of a Strong Woman
- 1.1 1. A Strong Woman Respects Herself & Others As Well
- 1.2 2. A Strong Woman Keeps her Emotions Under Control
- 1.3 3. Stays Away From Gossips & Drama
- 1.4 4. Keeps Her Loved Ones Safe
- 1.5 5. A Strong Woman Never Hesitates to Ask for Help
- 1.6 6. A Strong Woman is Courageous & Brave
- 1.7 7. Acknowledges & Appreciates Little Things
- 1.8 8. A Strong Woman is Never Afraid to Walk Away
- 1.9 9. A Strong Woman Survives & Fights Back
- 1.10 10. Feels Comfortable in Her Own Skin
- 1.11 11. Never Blames Others and Herself for the Mistakes That are Done
- 1.12 12. Takes Action
- 1.13 13. Has Power of Making Good Decisions
- 1.14 14. Always Ready to Learn Something New
- 1.15 15. Beliefs on Working Smart
- 1.16 16. Lives in the Present
- 1.17 17. A Strong Woman Fights Her Own Battles
- 1.18 18. Never Tries to Put Someone Down for Her Own Pleasure
- 1.19 19. Speaks the Truth No Matter What
- 1.20 20. Stands up For Her Beliefs
- 1.21 21. Knows Herself Better Than Anyone Else
- 1.22 22. Aware of What’s Happening in the World
- 1.23 23. Never gets Jealous or Becomes Selfish
- 1.24 24. Strong Woman Never Compares Herself with Others
- 2 Ending Thoughts – Characteristics of a Strong Woman
A strong woman is someone who knows her worth. She lights up every room she enters into. A strong woman does not stomp on other’s dreams to make her’s come true. In fact, she lifts herself by lifting others.
She is the kind of woman other girls admire and wish to be like her. Anyone who has encountered such a woman knows that she leaves her charm behind even when she is gone.
Some prime characteristics that make up a strong woman are written here so that you can analyze which of these characteristics do you have and which are the ones you need to work on.
You May Also Like:
- 50+Girl Code Rules Every Girl MUST Know.
- 9 Best Reasons for Going to a Concert Alone.
- You Deserve to be Happy: 10 Proven Ways to be Happy.
What Makes a Strong Woman, Strong? – Characteristics of a Strong Woman
1. A Strong Woman Respects Herself & Others As Well
If she makes a mistake, she accepts that and moves on with the new lesson she learned from that mistake. Neither does she regret over things nor puts herself down with negative self-talk.
She respects herself and due to this, she respects others as well. She considers every human equal to others without judging anyone on the basis of their riches, possessions, etc.
2. A Strong Woman Keeps her Emotions Under Control
Never ever let society define your happiness and success. This is how a strong woman manages her emotions.
She does not allow her emotions to take control of her. In fact, she takes control of her emotions and manages them to design her life the way she wants.
3. Stays Away From Gossips & Drama
As gossips, arguments and dramas bring nothing but only negative energy with them. So strong woman stays away from such things.
Because bad behind someone’s back shows your own insecurities. Hence she makes it her habit to avoid it as much as she can.
4. Keeps Her Loved Ones Safe
Being courageous does not mean that she is fearless. No, she has fears too but she does not allow them to stop her from moving towards betterment.
She faces fears and challenges bravely. And never stops going ahead.
5. A Strong Woman Never Hesitates to Ask for Help
Don’t allow your ego to make you weak. A strong woman gets her ego out of the way and asks for help, assistance or advice whenever she needs any.
She takes advantage of others neither does she let others take advantage of her.
6. A Strong Woman is Courageous & Brave
Knowing that her loved ones are safe and happy gives her real happiness.
Although she gets busy with her life she keeps tabs on what’s happening in other’s lives. If she finds out something is wrong she is always there to help & protect.
7. Acknowledges & Appreciates Little Things
She acknowledges little gestures be it a thank you. Stays mindful of every little thing happening around her.
Always shows her gratitude through actions or words of appreciation.
8. A Strong Woman is Never Afraid to Walk Away
When a woman respects herself & others she expects the same from others. But if someone fails to see her real worth and treats her like crap, she walks away without hesitating.
She does not give up on good relationships easily, but if the other person is not putting any effort, she will leave without any hesitation.
9. A Strong Woman Survives & Fights Back
No hurdle can stop her from reaching her goals. Although she gets tired too but she knows when to stop to take a break.
She never surrenders in front of any problem. Tries her best to fight and win.
10. Feels Comfortable in Her Own Skin
Any strong woman will own her uniqueness without caring about what the others will say. She is confident about her age, lifestyle, looks and any other thing that matters.
11. Never Blames Others and Herself for the Mistakes That are Done
Humans do make mistakes because we are no angels. So a strong woman believes that neither she is perfect nor others are.
She does not hold grudges and resentment. She forgives others easily and asks for forgiveness if she does anything wrong.
12. Takes Action
She does not only talk and make plans to achieve dreams, but she also acts on the plan and makes things happen. Nothing works without taking action.
13. Has Power of Making Good Decisions
Before taking any step a strong woman first looks over the situation. And then make the final decision.
Once she has taken the decision, she sticks to it because she believes herself and knows what she is doing.
14. Always Ready to Learn Something New
A strong woman always has room for improvement. She knows she is not perfect. If she has strong knowledge about one thing that does not mean she knows everything.
If she does not know about anything she will never be ashamed to ask questions about it.
15. Beliefs on Working Smart
She works smart and hard, both, to get maximum output in the minimum of time. They have good time management skills due to which they keep a good work-life balance.
16. Lives in the Present
If we regret what happened in the past or worry about what will happen in the future, we will never be able to enjoy the present moment.
So strong women don’t do that. They live the present moment to its fullest because your today tell what your future will be.
17. A Strong Woman Fights Her Own Battles
She knows that the road of life is her own, others may walk it with her but no one will walk through it for her.
Taking help from others is not bad but not fighting your own battles and relying totally on others is.
18. Never Tries to Put Someone Down for Her Own Pleasure
She does not use cheap tactics to make someone feel inferior. In fact, a strong woman lifts herself by lifting others.
She does not highlight other’s mistakes but corrects them without letting the world know.
19. Speaks the Truth No Matter What
Without caring how bitter the truth is, a strong woman will always choose truth over lie. She has strong morals & values. And speaking truth is one of them.
20. Stands up For Her Beliefs
A strong woman will never hesitate to stand up for her beliefs even if she has to stand alone.
She respects other’s beliefs so neither does she impose her beliefs on them nor does she let others impose their beliefs on her.
21. Knows Herself Better Than Anyone Else
She never allows other people’s opinions affect her life. She spends time with herself to know who she is, what her needs, weaknesses, strengths, and talents are.
So without letting the opinions of others affect her she chooses her path.
22. Aware of What’s Happening in the World
Ask a strong woman about any current issue of the world she will give you her opinion and justify it with correct facts & figures.
She is well aware of what’s happening in the world she lives in.
23. Never gets Jealous or Becomes Selfish
Seeing others achieving their goals makes her happy, not jealous. Strong women stay away from such poisonous feelings.
They strive for their success and help others to achieve their success as well.
24. Strong Woman Never Compares Herself with Others
A strong woman knows her worth and is aware of her own individuality. She believes that she is unique in her own way. She believes in herself.
Ending Thoughts – Characteristics of a Strong Woman
Being a strong woman does not mean you can never show your weak or vulnerable side to anyone.
No, we all are humans and we can’t take all the burden on our shoulders all the time.
There comes a time in everyone’s life when he/she has to take this burden off. So it’s OK to share it with your loved ones. It is OK to cry on someone close’s shoulder when you feel down.
For all girls who want to become a strong woman, use this list of characteristics of a strong woman to see what are the things you need to work on. Believe in yourself and just do it.
Share your opinion in the comment section. Also, let us know which characteristic out of these all you found most essential.